Changelog / History / Updates
Maian Events release history is shown below. If a new version is in progress, information will be shown below, beneath the changelog:
[+] Added [*] Updated [-] Bug Fix
Version 3.3 (13/12/2018):
[+] Added locale support for PHP date function. Months and days are now correctly formatted in chosen locale/language.
[+] Added support for PHP7.3
[*] Update event calendar layout. Can be standard list view or conventional calendar view. Optional in settings.
[*] Updated Google Maps location link
[*] Updated Open Graph, Twitter Cards etc to use event thumbnail rather than default image. Thumbnail must be 200x200 or greater.
[*] Updated PHPMailer to latest stable release (6.0.6)
[-] Fixed broken category sort order link in the admin CP that prevented the category sort order window from loading
[-] Fixed cron bug which caused events to delete/archive which had no end date
[-] Fixed cron error preventing event image folders from being removed
[-] Fixed display bugs related to events with no end date
[-] Fixed event archive bug that prevented previous archives from being archived correctly
[-] Fixed issue where placeholder event image didn't display if event image was missing
[-] Fixed month display bug for certain events that began earlier than the current day
Version 3.2 (11/05/2018):
[-] Fixed CleanTalk fatal error due to invalid class path
[-] Fixed directory traversal vulnerability as reported to me by SayWhatAgain. Patch your systems now!
[-] Fixed issue where dates from next month overlapped for some months in calendar
Version 3.1 (01/03/2018):
[*] Updated PHPMailer to latest stable release (6.0.3)
[*] Updated Paypal IPN callback to use new endpoints and verify SSL
[*] jQuery library updated to 3.3.1
[*] Min PHP version to run software increased to 5.5. PHP5.5 or higher required.
[-] Fixed bug where event organiser was always shown as "Joe Bloggs".
[-] Fixed bug where some events remained in the event calendar after they had expired
[-] Fixed display issues when start and end event date were the same. Some timezone settings caused the event not to appear.
Version 3.0 (12/09/2017):
[+] Added cache system to reduce database load. This is optional.
[+] Added categories and sub categories to tag events
[+] Added database backup option
[+] Added menu boxes & new pages for easy layout control
[+] Added option for visitors to add/update events. Add page can be private, user/pass required.
[+] Added option to easily take system offline for maintenance
[+] Added simple payment plans for pay listings based on duration of days. Relist fee can be different.
[+] Added social sharing options including AddThis & Twitter API
[+] Added support for CleanTalk API Anti spam system. Prevents bots submitting events.
[+] Offer visitors relisting option to keep listing events running continously
[+] Payment plans can have max links, pictures and you can set the amount of times a listing repeats
[+] Supports Paypal for event listing payments
[+] Unlimited links can be attached to each event
[*] Added WYSIWYG editor for event description. Script tags not supported for security.
[*] Added support for PHP7
[*] Brand new responsive HTML5 system via Twitter Bootstrap
[*] Licence changed to free (creative commons) and commercial
[*] Removed deprecated MySQL functions. Supports MySQLi only.
[*] Removed internal comments system in favour of Disqus comments system
[*] Unlimited pictures can be attached to any event. Main picture is first picture. Sorting via drag/drop.
[*] Updated PHPMailer to latest stable release (5.2.24)
[*] Removed legacy themes
Version 2.0 (05/01/2008):
[+] Added RSS Feed
[+] Added SMTP settings
[+] Added XHTML/CSS theme based system
[+] Added approve/reject/edit features in admin area
[+] Added basic photo gallery to add pictures for event
[+] Added captcha for contact options
[+] Added mod_rewrite option for search engine friendly urls
[+] Added option for visitors to post comments about events
[+] Added option to auto delete or archive events after they finish
[+] Added option to search events in admin area
[+] Added weekend highlighting for calendar days
[+] Assign different contact e-mail to addresses for each event
[*] Contact option can now be enabled/disabled per event
[*] New calendar interface
[*] Removed emoticons
[*] Specify meta keywords & descriptions for events
Version 1.2 (25/06/2006):
[+] Added overlib code for search box
[*] Cosmetic Update
[*] Free licence changed to the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Licence.
[*] Update some code syntax for better performance
[*] Updated documentation
Version 1.1 (08/04/2006):
[+] Added Contact form.
[+] Added ability for events to span days
[*] Changed calendar interface to full screen.
[*] Re-coded user interface
[*] Removed colour options from admin area
Version 1.0 (11/03/2005):
[+] Version 1.0 Released
Latest Version - v3.4 - Coming Soon
The next release is being prepared. Here`s what new:
New in v3.4
- Added week number to calendar grid view. Optional.
- Added official support for PHP7.4*
- Added option to add custom admin pages. Useful for backend information in a secure area for yourself or clients
- Added year switcher for admin dashboard graph to see stats for selected years
- In admin CP you can now re-order the main off canvas menu. Options you don't need can also be hidden.
- Added option to event settings to make event images optional.
- Added payment type filters to payments list screen in the admin CP
- Added payment type to payments edit screen in the admin CP
- Added payment type to payments search screen in the admin CP
- Added option for visitor to remove right menu to expand calendar/list view
- Added option for visitor to switch between calendar view and list view
- Added option to import events from CSV
- Added option to update event screen to retrieve event edit codes if the code cannot be remembered
- Added support for Commento (commento.io) comments system.
- Added support for Facebook Comments (facebook.com) comments system.
- Added support for Hyvor Talk (talk.hyvor.com) comments system.
- Added support for IntenseDebate (intensedebate.com) comments system.
- Added optional event preview pop when clicking event link in main calendar.
- Added tags option to set color management for event highlighting. Free version max 5.
- Added http/https protocol option for base path and social links to prevent mod_security issues
- Added support for Facebook open graph app ID
Updated or Removed
- Updated PHPMailer to latest stable release (6.2.0)
- Documentation updated. 404 links removed or updated and typos fixed.
- Improvements to error and exception handling
- Updated upgrade routines to auto switch system off during upgrade.
- Removed Google+ meta tags due to closure of social network
- Password storage updated to use PHP`s password bcrypt API. Add event password, if set, must be reset.
- Event calendar grid (standard) display now uses Ajax calendar.
- Updated Bootstrap library (3.4.1)
- Improvements to addThis social plugin integration. Plugin code may need updating, see docs.
- Update trumbowyg jquery plugin (2.21.0)
- Import and export routines now use the system temporary folder. This is auto cleared by the garbage collector and is used for better performance.
- Security enhancement. Backup folder path must explicitly be set in admin CP now for security.
- Updated Codebird Twitter library (4.0)
- Added official support for PHP8.0*
- Fixed mcrypt in installer which was incorrectly checked for versions that didn`t support it
- Fixed menu calendar that had missing days for some months if the week started on a Sunday
- Fixed timezone errors when cron jobs were running
- Fixed TCPDF plugin issue that caused PDFs to fail for builds on PHP7.2 or higher
- Fixed issue where calendar displayed incorrectly in grid view if week started on a Monday
- Fixed issue where meta description & keywords were reversed and shown in the wrong meta values
- Fixed events counts not parsing correctly when list data was cached
Last updated: 12 March 2022
Release Date: Coming Soon
Please do not contact us about the release date, thank you.
If you would like to be notified when Maian Events is updated, please subscribe to the RSS feed. Thank you.
Why Not Give The Free Version of Maian Events a Try Today?
Click the button to be taken to the download page.